Sat, 11 Dec|
Auckland Offroad Adventure Park
Woodhill Forest Safety Patrol - Saturday (Members Only)
This is our last weekend of 2021 where as a club we get to help people lost or stuck in the Woodhill Forest based Auckland Offroad Adventure Park. You can either come along as part of the safety team, or just come along for a fun day out (non-safety team entry fee is $60) please specify on the form.
Time & Location
11 Dec 2021, 9:30 am
Auckland Offroad Adventure Park, Muriwai 0881, New Zealand
About the Event
NB: Due to current Covid related restrictions this final Woodhill recovery weekend for 2021 will be for Members or close friends of current members. Please see note at the bottom if you have a close friend who would like to attend.
Trip Leader - Andy Frost
Woodhill Forest is home to Auckland's only dedicated offroad adventure park, and this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) we get four free entries for those being part of the 'Safety Patrol' team.
Safety Patrol Team
To be part of the safety patrol team you will need to have a UHF radio (fixed or handheld), recovery gear (eg: straps, shackles etc), and a working winch is also very useful for recoveries. You will need to be willing to move to various parts of the forest to help visitors who may get stuck, lost or have some sort of vehicle issue.
You may also need to stay later than the closing time of 4pm (as is often the case) to ensure all day visitors have left the forest before the Adventure Park closes for the day. This can involve assisting people with vehicle issues get out of the forest gates.
It is okay if more than four trucks want to be part of the recovery group for a particular day, as we just divide the remaining cost of entry among the team.
So that will mean for those in the safety team;
4 , we get in free
5 we split the 5th cost ($60) so $12 a piece
6 we split $120 so $20
and so on (please bring some cash)
Others (non-safety team)
People might like to attend and not be part of the safety patrol team, and come along for a fun day out and get to explore the forest as a group, and also learn from the recoveries you get to experience at first hard (this is how most of us learn the best practices and do's and don'ts).
Entry fee is $60 per vehicle.
- Respect what others determine to be safe distancing and practices for themselves.
- Follow the offroad park rules and restrictions they have in place at the time.
- Ensure you check-in with the Covid app on arrival at the offroad park.
- If you are sick, stay at home.
- Social distancing rules must be followed on this trip.
Trip rules & vehicle requirements
Please make sure you have read and understand all the club trip rules and vehicle requirements before registering for this trip.
- Please register for the day you want to attend Saturday or Sunday using the correct trip form, and specify whether you want to be part of the safety team.
- Depending on numbers we may split into groups.
- Close friends of members - as we are still in a level of Covid restrictions this weekend will not be open to non-members unless they are a close friend of a current Auckland 4WD member. Close friends who wish to attend can contact Andy Frost using the email address shown below. Attendance will depend on the number of members who register for each day.
Still have questions?
If you have read all the trip info, trip rules, trip grading information, but have more questions, contact: