The standard requirements for all vehicles that attend our trips and off-road events
Your vehicle must be fit for purpose and maintained to a safe standard.
Your vehicle must have rated recovery points (front and rear) that are securely mounted to the chassis with high tensile bolts - 2x 12mm bolts, grade 8.8 or imperial equivalent.
(Note: OEM tie-down loops are not suitable for recovery, and not all tow bars or bull bars are heavy duty and suitable for snatch recoveries. If in doubt seek advice from a 4x4 accessory specialist and have ones fitted that are specifically designed for your vehicle for off road snatch recovery).
All open top and soft top vehicles must be fitted with suitable roll over protection.
Your vehicle must carry a:
- First aid kit.
- Fire extinguisher with current certification. 2kg minimum
(two 1kg extinguishers is accepted, but not recommended).
- Suitable vehicle jack and a jacking plate if needed.
- Basic tool kit.
- Snatch strap or rope rated to at-least 3 times the weight of your vehicle.
All recovery equipment must be rated to a minimum of 3.25t.
Prepare for an overnight stay in the bush, due to unforeseen circumstances. This includes bringing:
- Adequate supplies of fuel, food and water.
- Warm and waterproof clothing.
- Any medication required by you or your passengers.