Unfortunately it has become necessary to close the Waitawheta /Taieri Road track earlier than advertised and the track is closed as of now. This is very unfortunate, especially given that we know clubs have trips into that area planned for this weekend, but we are facing legal action due to silt run off into the streams and if we do not close the track now there is a very real possibility the we will lose it forever. This is as a result of complaints from locals. The gates are now locked and won't be opened until we are able to come to a new agreement with council.
we have tried to keep it open for easter but it was not possible.
Please respect this as if we can get four wheelers to respect this, it may be possible to get the track opened again. If any one goes in and pulls out the gate there is a very real possibility that we will lose it forever.
PLEASE PLEASE do not use attempt to use the Waitawheta /Taieri Road track until we can get an agreement with council and DOC to keep it open.
Please inform as many people as possible of the situation as we need to get this notice out as quickly as possible.